BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, May 23, 2005

Attack of the Killer...

...moth.

Bet you were expecting to hear about a wasp, weren't you? :-)

I've stopped carrying hair spray with me, but I'm still opening the kitchen shades with steak tongs. As I'm moving the curtain over the sink, I see movement. Adrenaline kicks in, flight or fight response. I decide to fight. I grab the spray starch--kept on one side of the kitchen, just in case--and prepare to fire. I move the curtain again and something flies out at me. Heart in my throat, I fire.

And hit a moth dead on with a big blast of spray starch. LOL! I was so sure it was the wasp. Anyway, I was left shaking and with a moth fluttering around in a panic.

I had an odd dream last night. In my dream, I meet Richard Dawson. Now, I'm really not into celebrities or autographs or anything, but in my dream, I pull out a napkin and ask him to sign it. I start gushing about how much I loved him on "Hogan's Heroes" and "Family Feud" and "Match Game." He says I was too young for "Match Game" and I remind him of The Game Show Network. Then I go back to gushing. Only now, instead of listing Richard Dawson shows/movies, I'm confusing him with Jack Klugman! =8-O So as I continue, I'm saying "12 Angry Men," "The Odd Couple," and "Quincy." How weird is that? Dreams are all supposed to mean something, but I can't figure this one out at all.

Revisions suck! Pretty much everything I did yesterday isn't going to work. I've got to learn to trust my instincts again. I'm a little shaky on that score now because of a few things that have happened. Anyway, I think my original idea was the way to go, but I didn't do that. Today I will. Only now I'll need to go extra fast since I lost a whole day. Please send positive energy to the universe for me. I need all the help I can get.

MN Weather Report: 59 degrees.