BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Powerless

About 3am this morning, a huge storm rolled through. Power went out at 3:30 and it still wasn't on when I left the house. Apparently, 90,000 people are down. But the really fun part was all the trees down. I counted about 8 of them, including the one that was across the road I take to get to the freeway. :-( They said straightline winds.

Showering by battery-powered lantern reminded me of why I could never have been a pioneer. I don't like roughing it and going without a hair dryer this morning was definitely roughing it. :-( So if it were up to me to settle the west, we'd still be on the east coast. Heck, if it were up to me, we'd still be in Europe. ;-)

MN Weather Report: I have no clue, all I know is it is wet and humid.