BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Okay, Then

I think I did okay yesterday while I made my author appearance. I mostly didn't embarrass myself, although there certainly were moments I came close. I was scheduled to be signing books from 1pm to 3pm, but I ran out before 2pm. For the next hour and ten minutes--or thereabouts--I sat there, trying not to look stupid. I did manage to pass out a few bookmarks and talk about Through a Crimson Veil so I guess that's a good thing. It also helped that I had fun people in the booth with me. It made it much easier and helped pass the time once the books were gone.

After my stint in the booth was over, I high-tailed it across the aisle. I'd heard about these glass nail files that last forever, but hadn't seen them in the store. (Of course, since I rarely shop, and when I am out, I try to pick up stuff on my list and get out, it's entirely possible that I just missed them.) Anyway, I tried it out, and it's as fabulous as I'd heard. These files are never supposed to wear out like regular emery boards, and it did a great job on my nails. So of course, I bought one. When I got home and did a little online search, I found out that I'd way overpaid. Sigh. On the other hand, the website I found selling the nail files misspelled "check out," so probably I wouldn't have ordered from them anyway, and then I wouldn't have my really cool file.

By the time I got home, I was totally exhausted. Public appearances take a lot of energy from me, probably because I'm an introvert and I really have to work to do anything beyond stand (sit) there like a deer caught in the headlights. So I totally vegged out the rest of the evening.

Since I finished the revisions I had for the first 4 chapters of Eternal Nights, I'm going to write some more in my paranormal. I hope my head can do the bopping between books.