BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Mail Miracle

My second mythology research book arrived yesterday. The post office had it in a plastic bag because it had absolutely mutilated the packaging. With some trepidation, I pried apart the remaining pieces of the cardboard, expecting the book to be mangled too. It wasn't. My order slip (which was on 8.5 x 11 inch paper) which was stuck into the book was as mutilated as the packaging, but the book itself was perfect. I think this falls in the miracle category. :-) This is also the second package I've gotten in the last 5 months that the post office has done its best to destroy. What's up with that?

I didn't have much chance to look at the book, but it wasn't quite what I was hoping it would be. It appears to have everything in a dictionary type format (which you think I would have guessed since the title had "dictionary" in it) and I was hoping for more stories. The thing that's difficult is I've found so few books out there about Polynesian mythology so I'm basically ordering whatever I discover. After I turn this book in, I'll take time to go through my new acquisition more carefully--maybe it will have what I'm looking for in it.

As I mentioned in my previous post, complete with photo, my new light is in. I think it looks fab too! I really like it although the lines are heavier than the old fixture. But after all that work I did to clean the bathroom, I'm going to need to reclean it. There's little flecks of plasterboard all over and the floor is messed up again too. Sigh. I kind of guessed this was going to happen, but I was hoping otherwise.

I ordered personalized holiday cards this year. It feels kind of like a cheat since it has my name preprinted in them, but I just don't have time to write notes in my cards this year. I'm lucky if I'll have time to address the cards! Of course, I waited till the last minute to order and my 15% off coupon had expired. I really need to order right away when I see something. I also ordered some personalized note paper. I had some with envelopes, but I needed some without envelopes. Next coupon, I'm ordering address stickers with my new home on it. :-)