BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Searching the Blogosphere

I have to be brief this morning. I looked out the window and the deck is wet and some of it is freezing so the roads could be icky. Again. Sigh.

I'm over 1000 blog posts here now. That's pretty darn cool because when I started this, I wasn't sure I'd stick with it. I had all kinds of diaries as a kid that were started and dropped within a matter of weeks. I even had a 5 year diary where there was only room for a short paragraph about the day and I couldn't even keep up with that. I'm better on the computer, I guess. :-) Or at least more prolific.

One of the things that always interests me is the stats on the blog. I can see what search terms people are using to find my blog. Right now, I'm getting a plethora of hits for "Golden Heart Judge." I mentioned getting my entry packet a couple of weeks ago. I'll also mention when I'm done judging, but that will be all I say about the contest, so I'm not quite sure why it's worth searching. There will be no mention of any particular entry, not by title or by subject matter and I'm sure other judges will be just as mum.

I also get a lot of hits for "how to hang a scarf valance." Some vindication since I'm clearly not the only one who's had a huge amount of trouble getting those damn things up. I have a picture from a catalog of two scarf valances swagged across a curtain rod exactly how I want to put mine up so it is possible to do it. Just apparently not by me.

I've gotten hits on oven smoke and on how to hang a bifold closet door. See? I'm not the only one with household issues/disasters. :-) And hits because of the television commercials I've talked about.

What's also interesting is the things I don't get any hits on. Like my movie reviews. :-) You'd think someone would be searching for movies, wouldn't you? Oh, well, I'm certainly no Roger Ebert when it comes to this, so probably it's just as well.

I have to run.