BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, May 19, 2007

The End Is Near

I'm through chapter 22 now with revisions--except for maybe half a dozen little spots (at least I hope they're as little as I think!) that I needed to hit when I was more awake than I was during the work week. Part of me is still in disbelief that this book is nearly finished. Well, at least until my editor asks for changes. :-) I was telling people at work that I thought I was going to have to put a stake through its heart to end the damn thing. :-) I'm still hoping I can get everything finished and printed early enough on Sunday to get a decent night's sleep.

I've been spending a lot of time dreaming about all the things I want/need to do after I mail this book in. First, is to clean off my breakfast bar. I've had papers covering it since the end of March. Then I want to buy dirt and plant my flowers, buy some furniture, and I have plans to get my hair cut next weekend. Is this how prisoners spend their last few days behind bars when they know their release in imminent? ;-)

I'm also hoping that Bravo replays episodes of Shear Genius that I missed. Is anyone else watching this show? They've pitted hair stylists from around the country in a competition and each week they give them a different challenge. This week it was doing the hair styles for a bride, maid of honor, and the bride's mother. One of my favorites was eliminated, but my other favorite is still in there. It's kind of like when HGTV had their Design Star program going on. I loved that show, too, although I normally hate reality television.