BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, June 07, 2007

First Review for Midnight Hour

I have my first review in now for In the Midnight Hour. It received 4.5 stars and this great quote:

IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR was a wonderful book! Full of action, intrigue, magic, and romance, it has everything I could possibly want in a romance novel.

~Kelley Hartsell - CK2S Kwips and Kritiques

This book is a little edgy in some ways and it's also a story that meant a lot to me, one I really wanted to tell, so it's hugely exciting to get the first review in and have it be a good one. And to make it even better, Kelley wanted to know if I was going to do Maia's story since she wanted more. Since the book I just turned in was Maia's, this was way cool. :-)

Other than this, yesterday was not a ten on the excitement scale. I had my taxes done. I was so deep in deadline hell when April 15th neared, that I had to file an extension--my first ever--and now it was time to take care of it. That's done now for another ten months.

When I got home, I took care of some emails that had been backing up (why aren't there enough hours in the day?), and worked on getting myself organized. I didn't do real well with the organization thing. I did another check on my plants--all looks well except for the pathetic plant which is about what I expected.

Like I said, yesterday was not the most exciting day I've had in my life, but it was nice to be off from the EDJ.