BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Presentation Saturday

Sorry about posting so late today. I ended up horribly rushed this morning and I'm just sitting down to the computer now.

Today I gave a presentation to my local writing chapter. Each month (or nearly every month) we do something called Journey of a Novel and I talked about In the Midnight Hour. I think it went okay, although I sure hope I didn't bore anyone too much. I'm not much of a public speaker and I was pretty nervous. No one got up and left, though, and I take that as a positive sign.

Anyway, JoaN started at 9am and I wanted to be there a few minutes early, so I had to leave the house by 8:30 or so. Since I didn't get up until after 7:30, I was pushed for time. These huge storms rolled through about 3am this morning and woke me up. Yeah, here I go, talking about the weather again. I can't help it. This was like the weirdest storm. I have never seen so much lightning before. It literally kept the sky lit up continually for about half an hour or so and the thunder kept rolling and rolling and rolling. No damage, but after being up for more than an hour with the storm, I had a heck of a time getting out of bed. Especially when I was up late last night putting together all the papers I needed for the presentation.

Yes, despite talking about being prepared ahead of time, I once again ran around at the last minute getting everything I needed together. At least I was smart enough to put it in one place last night so I could just grab it on the way out the door this morning. Last time I spoke, I forgot to bring something I really wanted to talk about. So I count myself ahead this time around because everything came with me that I needed. :-)

Now that I'm home, I've started laundry and I have half a million other chores to take care of. I'd like to get it all done today because I want to start working on the proposal for a new book tomorrow. I've been talking about Shona and Logan, researching and mulling, now it's time to get it down.