BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Monday, November 12, 2007

Polynesian Problems

The gardens are now all winter-ready and my outside chores should be about finished. Yea! Of course, it took hours more work on Sunday to reach this point, but it was a nice day--I was able to be outside without my jacket on--and that made it almost pleasurable to be out there. If I was sitting on the deck with a book, then it would have been completely pleasurable, but to work? Nah.

I spent untold hours over the weekend searching for 1) my heroine's name and 2) a picture of the hero. I have a picture of him that might kind of work, but I don't love it. I can't even begin to tell you how hard it is to find a picture of a man who's half Maori. And nearly all the Maori pictures I've found have had the men's faces painted/tattooed, which is a problem because my hero doesn't have any tattoos on his face. Elsewhere--yes. Face--no. Why aren't there more pictures of sexy half Polynesian men with ripped abs turning up in my searches?

The name thing continues to drag on. I've checked out every link and every suggestion people have sent me (and I've had a lot), but none of them are producing results. I think my heroine is deliberately holding back because she has issues about love. I've probably seen her name a dozen times, but she won't claim it. I think--and I could be wrong--that her name is something soft like Jessamine or Isabelle. Actually, it might be Isabelle. At least that's what I'm using when I write today. If she doesn't like it, she can lodge a protest. More to follow as I know it. :-)