BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Super Sloth Saturday

I used to belong to a meditation group and one of the women who was in it used to do something she called Sloth Day every now and then. She said her kids hated it because she wouldn't cook or do anything else. All she'd do was sit and read. She wouldn't even take a shower. This woman didn't do it often, maybe a couple of times a year, but I always thought it sounded like a fabulous idea. This weekend, I adopted it myself--Saturday was Super Sloth Saturday.

I slept late, messed around on email and the computer, and at noon, I went back to bed for a three hour nap. It was totally fabulous! I did shower, however. (I can't stand not having a shower.) And I also did laundry and finished loading all my rock CDs onto the computer so that I can download them on the iPod, but that was the extent of my productivity. The rest of the day was spent playing games (I love hidden object computer games) and playing online.

What I should have done, of course, was answer the dozens of emails that I owe people. I'm feeling hugely overwhelmed by all of them, maybe that's why it's easier to do none of them. If you're one of the people I owe an email to, hang in there. I'll get to it. Some day. Sorry.

Today wasn't meant to be a second sloth day, but it kind of ended up that way. I had credits at one of those online royalty-free photo sites that expire tomorrow and I couldn't just let them disappear. The problem was that I don't need any pictures right now and I ended up spending most of the day going through the site, looking for pictures that I might be able to use at some point in the future. I never realized how much time that was going to suck away. Right up until 5pm, I thought it would only take a little while, not six hours. Now I'm feeling totally guilty for wasting the entire weekend. Saturday was a planned sloth day, Sunday most definitely wasn't.

To close out the post, I did go outside and check on my flowers yesterday. A new lily is in bloom. This is supposed to be yellow, but the pictures in the catalog were much darker than what actually grew in my garden. Neither shot is great because of the position of the flower relative to the chicken wire fencing it in, but I have another yellow lily coming in, and when that blooms, I should have some better shots.