BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Another Voice Is Heard

In my last blog, I mentioned that I have a bunch of story ideas in my head right now and all the characters are present and yakking away. That was a slight exaggeration. Some of the characters are more quiet, just shadowy presences that I can sense, but not really hear. (Yes, it is interesting to be a writer. :-)

Last night, two of my quiet ones started talking. He's mellow, low-key. Sort of a stand back and be amused by life kind of guy. His energy is actually pretty calming and relaxed. Unlike his heroine.

She did most of the talking. Without doubt, she's my most abrasive heroine ever--an in-your-face, let's-kick-some-butt gal. Lots of attitude and lip. I'm not sure if that's her regular demeanor or if the hero aggravated her to the point where she got that way--amused smirks are annoying when the other person believes the situation isn't humorous or light--but I guess I'm going to find out.

No names for either character yet, which means writing them isn't imminent, but I'm guessing they're coming up soon. I'm guessing they're third in line behind the time travel story due June 1 and the proposal chapters for my paranormal trilogy idea. By then I should know much more about both them.

BTW, they're part of the world I created for my story in The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2 and I'm actually pretty excited about playing there some more.