BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, November 28, 2010

NaNo Fail

NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month and takes place every November. This is the second time I've decided to do it and the second time I've failed.

In my defense, both years that I've done it, I've been given revisions from an editor that needed to be done. But to be honest, I was failing spectacularly this year anyway. Kind of. You see, my goal wasn't to write 50,000 words like most participants in NaNo are shooting for. My goal was just to write more than usual and I was winning with that.

I have this hero and heroine, Finn and Zo, who have been in my head constantly for months and months and months. Their story isn't paranormal, although I tried my darnedest to make it become paranormal. But I really got into them and their story--until I had to drop it for revisions.

Revisions are done now, though, and even though NaNo is ending, I have a goal. It might be a tough one because the holiday season is now officially here and it's difficult to find writing time during this time of year. My plan, my hope, is to have a rough draft of their proposal finished by New Year's. Can I do it? I'm sure going to try.