BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Twice the Fun?

Lat week at work I got dual monitors for the computer. Because of the programs I work in and what my job entails, this is something I really needed and it will make everything so much easier. Once I get used to it.

I'm a tech/gadget person and my computer equipment at home is impressive. I tell people that if we can run a major airline on the computers we have at work that I can launch the space shuttle from my house. But the one thing I don't have at home is dual monitors. In all honesty, I don't need them. I have an iMac for my desktop computer and the screen is enormous and the laptop screen is fine as is.

So far, I'm having a hell of a time remembering where to click. I've typed in the wrong document many times and I never did get the cool Maldives dual screen wallpaper to load correctly. I gave up on that and just have my Tahiti wallpaper up on each screen.

It is very nice, though, to be able to see my spreadsheet without having to click between windows. I can reference the data I need and enter it in one step instead of many. If I could just remember that just because I'm looking at one screen doesn't mean that's the active window. Yeah, I look from the left screen to the right one and start typing, only to discover my left program is still the active one. Sigh.

I'm sure I'll get used to this, too. Eventually.