BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, June 09, 2016

The Worst Advertising Has to Offer

As bad as advertising is during regular viewing hours, it’s a billion times worse during the daytime. While I was up in Minnesota, helping my dad clean out the house, I worked with the television on. Most of the ads were geared to retired folks or (apparently) people who are entitled to some kind of compensation.

At home, I just hit the mute button and ignore the crap. It wasn’t so easy in Minnesota because I was trying to work and repeatedly reaching for the remote wasn’t conducive to progress.

It wasn’t only on that game show channel I found either. I’d discovered another station, one that did a weekend binge of Black Sheep Squadron with Robert Conrad, and it was every bit as bad with one added commercial for some replica watch. Gah!

How bad were the ads? After a few days, I started muttering STFU every time a commercial break started. Luckily, my dad wasn’t in the same room I was in most of the time, and when he was, he doesn’t hear real well. :-)

I’m not sure about this, but I wonder if they alternate ads from big pharma with lawyer ads to sue big pharma for bad drugs? It sure seemed that way.