BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, August 04, 2016

The Artist In Me

One of my big regrets in life is that I'm not a talented artist. I've always wanted to sit down, pick up a pencil, and draw brilliant sketches. I just haven't wanted it badly enough to put in the hours of practice that it would take to get good at it. :-/

However, I continually try to do things that are at least minimally artistic. They rarely turn out they I envision, but it makes me happy to play around with it anyway.

On Saturday, I had one of those artistic expression days.

I was putting stickers in my planner (which I will not talk about!) and I wanted some to mark family wedding anniversaries. I hopped online and did a little searching, but seriously, the price charged for stickers can get ridiculous, and when you factor in shipping... Well, I balked. I'd already bought a bunch of stickers and I didn't want to buy more.

Then I remembered I have a bunch of blank stickers in my filing cabinet. I'll make my own, I decided!

And it actually turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. I had stickers that were 2 inches by 4, so I set it up for two anniversary stickers on one label. Over the image, I put a shape with some champagne colored fill to match the flutes in the picture and printed them out. Wah-la! Anniversary stickers!

Are they as awesome as the ones people are selling online? No, but the price was right and I had fun designing them. I'm calling it a win-win.