BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Moroccan Magique Shawl

It's been a while since I've shared a craft project. I'm working on another shawl. It was originally a Knit-A-Long (KAL), but I was working on section 3 when section 6 was released, so I guess I'm on my own. :-) That's okay. I've been super busy and haven't had enough time to knit lately, but I'll finish eventually.





This is Moroccan Magique (pattern by Casapinka) and I'm about halfway done. I hope I'm halfway! 

The project had some new techniques that I'd never done before: Slip stitch, which turned out to be remarkably easy, and German short rows. Also relatively easy although I messed up and missed a stitch in the first section of short rows and had to tear out a bunch of knitting. I was already behind the KAL, but within shouting distance. Until this. This is what put me way, way, way behind.