BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Seven Months

Last fall, I moved into a new house and the woman from whom I bought the house had two televisions mounted on the wall. She was supposed to leave those mounts because anything attached to the walls are supposed to stay, but not only did she take the TV mounts, she left holes in the walls. She didn't even spackle them!

In November, as I was getting my old house ready to sell, I had a painter come out to give me some estimates on painting a few rooms that were really banged up. The joy of tall bookcases anchored to the walls, but I wasn't giving up my books! While he was looking at the old house, I had him come over to the new house and estimate the cost of fixing her mess and painting the hall from the garage (also very banged up) and a few other areas.

It started out well. He was at the old house within 2 weeks or so, got it painted in one day, and we had the house on the market and sold within two days of that. Yea! And then the waiting began for him to come to the new house.

I take partial blame. I was stupid enough to say to the painter that there was no rush on the new house. I said that because there was a rush on the old house. I needed to get that baby on the market! Sadly, he took me at my word on the new house and the waiting began.

In the meantime, I'm staring at these ugly holes in my walls--bedroom and family room--day after day after day. Ugh! My dad called periodically to find out when he was going to come out. Finally, after my dad started calling and leaving a message every day, we got our walls painted. SEVEN months after the estimate.

The reason why we didn't look for another painter is that painters are hugely expensive in Atlanta and most don't do a good job. This man was affordable (for Atlanta!) and did excellent work. It was him or no one unless there was no other choice.

Here's a picture of my newly painted family room wall! Hurrah! I need to work on my decor some more, but that's a minor thing.