BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, December 06, 2018

Shocked Face

I made a startling discovery the other day and I'm feeling kind of stupid that it took me this long to learn this.

I listen to podcasts or audio books on my commute home from work. For the past ten months, I'd been starting the podcast on my phone, turning the volume way up, and putting the phone in my cup holder so I could hear it. There's a stretch of rough road that's difficult to hear even with the volume high, but when I get off that stretch, it's too loud. Also, tinny sound. But I'd been living with all this.

Then, Tuesday, I had to make a stop on my way home from work and for some reason, the battery on my iPhone was way down when I reached my destination. Since I wasn't 100% sure of how to get from there to my house, I looked in the console for my charging cord. I have used my phone through my car's Sync system, but via Bluetooth. The only time I've ever hooked my phone in to my car with a cord was on long trips.

My podcast was running when I plugged the phone into the car and it went dead silent. I checked and pause hadn't come on. I touch my entertainment option, select iPhone, and my podcast came through my car's sound system!

I was shocked! Shocked, I tell you. I didn't realize I could do this!

For ten months, I'd been listening to crummy audio because it never occurred to me to try hooking my car and my phone via cord. I had tried to play my audio via Bluetooth and that hadn't worked, but corded connection? Duh!

I feel like this has opened a whole new world for me! And yes, I am hugely excited by this.