BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Feisty Men

I was doing research on Saturday and stumbled across this article: 11 Words We Need to Stop Using to Describe Women

I skipped past it in the results because it wasn't what I was looking for, but then scrolled back and clicked as curiosity got the better of me. While I definitely agree with many of these words being eliminated from descriptions of women (and I could add at least one more), one of them stopped me short. Feisty.

The article says: "When was the last time you heard someone describe a "feisty" man?"

That would be last week. Yes, I call the guys I work with feisty ALL THE TIME! Seriously. All. The. Time. Just because the author of this article has never heard it, doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. Join me in calling men feisty, people! It's an awesome word.

The word she should have put on this list and didn't is bitch.

I don't care if another woman is using the word, it is not friendly and it is not something we're taking back, which is what I've heard others claim. All women are doing by using this word in relation to other women is giving men more license to use it. And believe me, men use it enough without our encouraging it.

When I use the word--and I do--it is 100% insult.

There's a image I saw online of a woman holding a sign that says: "Not your bitch." Exactly.