BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, April 04, 2019

Stop Asking Me

Does anyone else get opinion surveys all the time?

I go to the doctor, I get a survey. I go to the car dealer to get service done, I get a survey. My house cleaner comes, I get a survey. I login to a writing group, there's a request for members to fill out a survey.

Stop asking me stuff all the time. I'm busy.

OMG, it's survey overload! I'm sure this does help them fine tune their operations. Usually everything is awesome when I go to the doctor. I rarely have to wait, not in the outside waiting room, not in the patient rooms. Everyone's friendly and things go smoothly. I'm sure the surveys played a part in this and that's great, but still.... Can we have a year off from the surveys?

And let me talk about the survey I got from Ford after I brought my car in to be serviced. I actually filled this thing out because while I was warned I'd have a two hour wait, I did not expect to be there for 5 1/2 hours! That was ridiculous. But I get to the end of the survey and they're going to tie my name and phone number to my responses. No. Absolutely not. I do not want to have a phone conversation with anyone from the dealer about why I was unhappy to spend most of my day in their service department waiting area.

Even though I'd spent quite a bit of time on this survey, I chose cancel rather than submit.

When you throw these surveys on top of all the retailer emails I get, I'm on overload. I'm even starting to unsubscribe from some of these emails out of self-defense. But retailers can be easily deleted. I always feel bad about deleting the surveys because (in most cases) I want the higher ups to know the person I dealt with was awesome, but I really just need everyone to stop asking me to rate them and comment.