BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Why Did I Say Yes?

Have you ever committed to doing something and then regretted it as the time grew closer?

I readily admit to being very introverted, so I'm used to regretting RSVPing positively to any social engagement. Usually, I end up having a good time once I'm there, but leading up to it there are a lot of whiney, Why? Why? Why?

Today, my regret is signing up for an online webinar. I don't wanna go and I don't even need to leave my desk to do it.

I'm sure the webinar will be fine as well.

In another category are all the online classes I've paid for and not completed. It's not that I regret needing to do them. Not exactly. It's more that I simply don't make time to do any of them. I can do them whenever, right?

Then there's my year subscription to BluPrint. I can take all the craft classes I want at any time. So I take none and yet I'm still paying for this. Sadly, I knew this is exactly what would happen which is why I resisted signing up. They finally got me and now? I never watch.

It's not that I'm irresponsible. I'm a Capricorn, which means I'm hyper-responsible. It's more like I don't like having to do more than life already requires. I guess. I don't know.

ETA: Um, I think I messed up on my webinar. I thought the time listed was central time because that's the time zone where RWA (Romance Writers of America) is located. I showed up at the corresponding eastern time and no one is there. A recheck makes it appear as if I was wrong and the webinar was over when I arrived. Oops!