BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Don't It Turn My White Chair Blue

I had a really weird thing happen with an article of clothing I bought. Let me preface this by saying that I always wash clothes I buy before I wear them, so this happened after a run through the washer and dryer.

Okay, now the story. I bought a pair of jammies with navy pants. And the first time I wore them, I noticed my fingers were taking on a navy tint.

There must be extra dye, I thought and changed to a different pair so I could run the pants again the next time I did laundry. Only they were still tinting my fingers blue even after I washed them two additional times.

And then I caught sight of my faux leather kitchen table chair. You know, the WHITE faux leather chair. It was tinted navy blue, too. And the cleaning products I used didn't get it all out. Gah!

I immediately did some online searching. I can't be the only one this has happened to. But the instructions I saw for salt and vinegar only applied to things you self dyed. It was a waste of time to use either item on a manufacturer dyed garment.

When no better solutions turned up, I took matters into my own hands. I washed those navy pants in hot water, trying to forced the dye to bleed out.

I've been too afraid to wear them since I did this. My chair still makes me cringe. Yikes!