BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Podcast Backlog

You all know that I love podcasts. Whenever I find one I like, I recommend it here. Something I love, though, might end up getting old for me and I'll drop it, but I'm always finding something new.

My podcast listening habits, though, have been severely impacted by months of working from home.

You see, I mostly listen to podcasts while I'm at work. The open office concept means a heck of a lot of noise all the time, so I'd listen to podcasts to tune it all out. I don't have that level of noise when I work from home. Mostly. (See the post about the Hopeless Family.)

My other go-to time for listening to podcasts was my commute to and from work. Which, of course, I haven't been doing.

So major, major backlog for me on podcasts I need to listen to.

I turned a lot of them off so they no longer auto update with new episodes. The only ones I kept on were my favorites because I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. But those are backed up, too. Big time. My very favorite podcast currently sits at 40 episodes, and since most episodes are 90 minutes or more, this is a lot of listening I have to do.

I also found an article online shortly before the pandemic hit that recommended a whole bunch of new podcasts and I'd downloaded one episode from all the shows I thought sounded interesting. I haven't listened to these either.

But you know what? Despite losing podcast time, working from home is so much more productive than working in the office. I'll figure out something else for my podcast habit.