BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Yarn Club, Part Deux

Before things went crazy with my job, I signed up for another yarn club. I know, right? I wasn't happy with the other yarn club because (for the most part) the yarns weren't what I would pick, especially the colors. I couldn't resist this one, though. It had a theme.

In addition to the yarn, it also came with a pattern that used that skein, so I wouldn't be stuck with yarn and not have anything to make with it. Of course, hats and cowls aren't hugely exciting, but hey, potential gifts!

I'll be honest, it wasn't the pattern that grabbed me, but the yarn theme: retro travel posters.

Seriously, I love the mid century modern vibe anyway, but throw in travel and yeah, I was hooked. And even better than the yarn and the pattern was the postcard with the travel poster!

That's right, I now have postcard-sized travel posters! Now I need to do something with them, but still, the potential is there. :-)

Have I used the yarn I've received yet? No, but I did wind them up and they're ready to go at a moment's notice. My stress level has been high since March and I've been doing a lot of extra knitting to help relieve it. I like the smaller projects because I feel as if I'm accomplishing something, so I'm guessing these skeins will get knit sooner rather than later.