BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Coupons! But Not For That


I needed a new pair of slippers recently. You see, with working from home for so many months, I'd worn out the slippers I had. I literally wore them every day instead of shoes. ::bliss::

But there was a hole in the left one and the foam cushioned foot bed was no longer cushiony. I loved these slippers and wanted the exact same pair.

No luck with that, unfortunately. But the same brand had a somewhat similar style on their website, complete with sparkly threads running through the material. But I didn't want to pay full price, so I started looking around online.

And of all the places I've bought shoes in the past, only one had this style. But they had a 20% off coupon on their website. Yea!

My "that's cool" feeling didn't last long. When I tried to use it, they said the coupon didn't work on this brand. I tried other coupons for that store, but none of them were applicable on this brand. Really? Really?

So I searched out coupons for the company's website and found a 25% off coupon. This was even better. I was a little skeptical as I punched it in, half expecting to receive a not applicable on slippers message, but it went through! Even better, I'd apparently already signed up on the website (I have no memory of this), and because of this, I got free shipping.

First online shoe store lost the sale because they wouldn't let me use a coupon, but it ended up working out for the best. I got a bigger discount. Ha!