BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, August 11, 2022

New Zealand and Papua New Guinea

While all these bathroom remodel posts have been going up--for a longer length of time than the remodel itself--I finished a couple more challenges.

The first one was the New Zealand Alps to the Ocean. That was 180 miles (290 KM) and some of the course had Google Street View. I love the races that have the street view because it lets me look around and see where I would be if I were doing this for real.

The missing street views were primarily in the mountains, but they were hit or miss. There were none, then there would be some, and then it was back to none again.

After New Zealand, I did Papua New Guinea and the Kokoda Trail. This had no Google Street Views. The race company tried to compensate by including a few pictures and videos at select locations, but I would have preferred more of them.

I've actually been to Papua New Guinea. Samarai Island. Which I would imagine is vastly different from the Kokoda Trail.

This was a short course--only 56 miles (91 KM). I usually like the mid-length challenges. Nothing too short because those fly by and nothing too long because I discovered they drag. The Kokoda Trail was a little on the short side, but it was Papua New Guinea, so I was all in even without a street view.