BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

3K

Recently, I did a 3K challenge.

This is a different company than the one I usually get my virtual medals from. They specialize in long races that takes days (or months) of work to complete.

The virtual challenges from this company are largely expected to be completed in one session. I don't care for that real well because I'm interested in medals for races that are marathon length. My limit is 5K and even then I'm hesitant to sign up for those. Not because I can't do them in one session, just that it's hard to take a full hour to complete them.

This is also the company I tried before and their app wouldn't read my tracker. I have a new tracker now, so I thought things would be different. They weren't and it's still frustrating.

However, I learned that I love 3K challenges. LOVE THEM! I was able to complete the 3K during my lunch break while I was working from home and it felt so good to accomplish it.

I enjoyed it so much that even though I have other races in queue, I had to buy more. The sense of accomplishment was incredible! And like I said, I was able to complete it in under half an hour. I walk these races/challenges, so my times are longer than someone who runs them or bikes/swims/etc.

I contacted the support desk at the company. We'll see if they can find a fix for their app not picking up my data, but I'm enamored enough with the 3K distance that it won't deter me.