BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Too Many Ringy Dingys

My house still has a home phone. I needed it for my dad because his cell phone was 1) always turned off and 2) he wasn't adept at using it. And because of his hearing loss, he had a phone with transcription technology so he could read what people said.

It was also his way to keep in touch with his friends and it was my peace of mind, knowing he could call out if he needed help.

Now that he's gone, the only time my phone rings is when someone wants to buy my house.

It's getting old.

So old, that I unplugged the cordless phones and turned off the ringer on the other phone. There was literally one day where that phone rang at least ten times. It's ridiculous.

I don't plan to keep the home phone indefinitely. I only use my cell phone. But I need to make sure all my contact information is transferred to the cell phone. I'm pretty sure at this point that all my dad's friends know he's passed away, although there is one woman who called to wish him a Happy Easter.

But the home phone is on short time. And the nice thing about my cell phone is I can block callers.