BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, October 08, 2024

Another Multiple-Planner Year

Guess who's ending up with multiple planners this year? Again.

I ordered my usual planner super early, not realizing that I would be hating it by September and dying to get out of it. I have replacement options and I'm weighing which one will be it.

I also ordered the planner I'd been using in 2024 for journaling because it worked so well in this capacity. This is more formal journaling where I actually try to write nicely. I have another book where I scribble down words and it's a hot mess.

And of course, there's the planner I didn't expect to like, but fell in love with this year. It's become my EDC (Everyday Carry) planner and I'd be lost without it now that I've gotten used to having it everywhere I go.

My usual, official planner is an A5 size and on a spiral which makes it a desktop planner, not a take everywhere planner. My portable planner is a B6 and it has Tomoe River Paper, which means there are a lot of pages without it becoming a heavy tome I'm lugging along with me. I've bulked it up with vellum tip-ins and stickers, but it's still portable.

And then I came up with some ideas to combat my ADHD, all of which require a separate planner. Two extra planners.

Another method I came up with to deal with my ADHD was time tracking so I could see what I'm spending my time on. I bought booklets in traveler notebook size to handle this. I've been doing it the last few weeks, but in 2025 will start color coding so I can see how much time I'm wasting when I don't mean to relax.

Then there might have been a few accidental purchases. Planners I spotted that might absolutely work as my new daily planner, but I won't know until I try them out. I have ideas on how to use the ones that don't make the cut, so they won't go to waste.

This is a test year. A way to come up with a system that works and helps me combat my ADHD issues. I hope to have everything worked out long before 2026 planner season and keep the line up minimal.