The new section of sod (of course) needs more watering than the sod that's been in for a while. Also, water in Georgia is ridiculously expensive! I literally pay more for one month of watering x3.5 than I do for three months of watering when I lived in Minnesota.
But the landscaper took the sprinkling time down to half an hour from an hour (AN HOUR! GAH!) and told me to sprinkle the new sod more.
So I bought a lightweight, 100 foot house. It's one of those expandable ones. I do have rubber hoses, but they're so heavy and it's hard to haul them around.
And this is the beginning of the saga.
First, I nearly bought a fifty-foot hose because surely I wouldn't need a full 100 feet. But I most definitely did need 100 feet. I wish I'd known what expandable hoses are like before I bought the hose. Alas, I figured 100 feet is 100 feet. I do not believe this to be true. I believe it is only 100 feet while the water is running through it.
Which leads me to point two. Without water running through the hose, making it expand, it does not reach the new sod and I was unable to position the sprinkler I also bought. So I had to turn the lever at the head of the hose to the off position, turn on the water, and then, after the hose expanded, position it.
Point three. After getting the sprinkler positioned, I had to turn that lever at the head of the hose back on. We all know what happened then, right?
Water hit me in the face.
But wait! There's More! Stay tuned for Part 2.
