I thought I had the controller for the sprinkler figured out. After all, I watched the video, discovered what everyone thought were zones were actually program numbers, and turned off programs two and three. No more three hours of watering. Problem solved.
And then my next water bill arrived.
I knew it would be close to the first one because I figured out the controller issue late in the billing cycle. I did not expect it to be more than the first bill.
Clearly, there were more problems to be solved with the controller, so it was back to the video.
Hmm, I thought. Program 1A was running, but I assumed that programs 1B and 1C were not, but I didn't actually check that.
Yeah.
I discovered the program 1B was running. I turned that off and then I just turned off the entire sprinkler system because whatever at this point.
I had an in-ground sprinkler system at my house in Minnesota. I had a different company's controller and it was easy to know exactly what was running and when. It did not require watching a video to figure out how to set the damn thing.
Keep in mind, it's not just me that didn't know how to set the controller. My landscaper who does this kind of thing for a living and the men working for him did not know how to program the controller. My brother didn't know how to program the controller. Everyone thought they knew what they were doing but none of them did. None of them! Who makes a controller this complicated?
This is a normal, suburban yard. I don't need for programs with A, B, and C options. I have three zones. There's no reason to install anything this complicated. I had more zones at my house in Minnesota and an easier controller (and a lower water bill. MUCH lower.). What the hell are we even doing here?
I'm going to leave the sprinkler off and watch the new grass. It's been raining this week, so I should be okay for at least a little while, but yikes!
