BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Day-O for the Win

I talk about commercials that I don't like all the time, but I thought I'd share one I do like. I know, this almost never happens, right?

What I like about the ad? First, the humor. This is always one of my favorites when it comes to advertising. I think we can all appreciate an entertaining commercial that makes us smile.

But what the advertiser cares about are other things. Does it get my message across? Does the ad make my company name memorable. I think this ad worked on both counts. The message is driven home and it's a brutal one, which is part of why it resonates so strongly. It might be coated in humor, but there's some cold, hard truth here. No worries, though. There's a solution and it involves the advertiser's product.

There have been a lot of commercials that I've liked, but was blank when I tried to think who'd paid for it and this isn't effective advertising. This ad passes this test as well. One viewing is all it took, too, not multiple impressions.

But you're not interested in all the nuts and bolts of advertising. What's the ad? Here you go.