BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Latest Guilty Pleasure

Some of the equipment at the gym as televisions mounted on it, and to pass the time, I put something on and do my thing. The problem is that I don't know the channel assignments, and since I'm on my lunch hour, I don't have time to ditz round and figure them out. I never did find HGTV. :-( I have figured out the channel numbers, though, for the Travel Channel and History Channel.

This is how I got hooked on my latest guilty pleasure TV show: The Dead Files Revisited.

A psychic who can talk to the dead and a retired New York City police detective investigate places where people say there are ghosts/spirits/demons or whatever. The psychic and the detective work separately, so neither knows what the other one is learning, and before the psychic arrives, all identifying information is covered up or removed so she can't riff off a picture or something. Then, at the end, they do a reveal where they meet with the property owner and compare notes.

I am hooked! I never record anything because I don't watch it. I do DVR this show and I actually do play it back. One time I did the really stupid thing of playing it late on a Saturday night...during a heavy rainstorm. It happened to be a scary episode too and I stayed up a couple extra hours because I was spooked. :-)

My biggest frustration is that The Travel Channel doesn't have Dead Files on often enough! More, more, more!

And of course Netflix doesn't have this show. They never have anything I want to watch. Sigh.

Trying something new here. I've recorded what I wrote in this blog. Mostly. It's not exact. If you like it, head over to my Facebook page and let me know. If you don't like this, let me know that as well. If it doesn't work, I'm sorry and I don't know how to make it work. This is a test. :-)