BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, January 18, 2018

The New Desk

I lamented about my office before Christmas and mentioned that I'd ordered a desk. I also promised to share pictures once it was installed. While it's still a Work In Progress (WIP)--I can't put everything away yet because I ordered some more wall anchors and can't cover up the rails--I'm too excited not to share some pictures!

The desk was ridiculously expensive, but I think in the long run that it'll be worth it. I could have spent half that amount and been unhappy. I believe this desk with make me happy and work for me for years. One of the best parts is the shelving. Now I can reach reference books without crossing the room to the bookcases like I had to do for years and years.

If you see any stacks of clutter in the pictures, it's because my office is a WIP at this point. There are still instructions out for the desk installation and there are things that can't be put away until the desk is setup. You'll notice none of my computer equipment is out yet.







I still have books to put away, that's why there's big gaps on the shelves. I also have a shelf over the bookshelves which you can see some of in the top picture. I'm not sure what I'm going to put on there because I literally can't reach it without a stepladder.

The utility boards in the center of the desk are cool, but I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of them once my monitors are out. I'm afraid a lot of that space will be blocked. The monitors are also why I have a little shelf resting on the desktop. It was originally placed on the right side, but I took it down. I'm thinking of moving the utility boards to the left and the right and trying to get the monitors in the center. That little shelf on the left might mess up that idea.

Drawers! I have drawers! The most drawer space I've ever had in a desk I've owned in the past has been one tiny one that held next to nothing. Now I have eight--EIGHT!!!--drawers! Four of them are super deep too. I ordered trays for two of the shallow ones that can hold pens and pencils and scissors and things like that. They haven't arrived yet because I didn't think about it until after the desk was installed.

There will be more pictures once everything is setup. I won't be able to help myself. So loving this desk!