BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Lazy Night

I think I might have mentioned that I bought new thermostats for my house. The kind with Wi-Fi access so that I can adjust it from my phone. I had a chance to find out how awesome that feature was in late winter/early spring.

It's that weird time of year where you can't be sure if you need the heating or the air conditioning. I went to bed and I can't sleep because I'm sweating. Finally, I had enough and I'm like, I have to put the air on--I can't take it! But I was in bed and I was comfortable and I didn't want to get up to change the temperature.

And then I remembered I had new thermostats!

I reached for my phone and changed it from heat to air. And as the AC came on, I was like whoa! This is awesome!

It's too bad the security is weak on the internet of things right now because I am totally digging all the cool things I can do with the few things I do have. Want to turn the lamps on or off? I don't have to move, I can handle it from my phone. Temperature uncomfortable in the house? Voila! Cell phone and app to the rescue.

The best part was that the thermostats qualified for 50% off from my electric company so I got comfort and convenience for a lot less than retail. Two thumbs up!