BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

One Small Thing Part 1

I'm planning to write two blog posts about how a small thing can impact your entire day, one in a positive way and the other in a negative way. I'll also add that I believe attitude can change mood either for the better or the worse and will admit readily that I shouldn't allow one small thing to skew my day wrong. However, that is what happened. I'm going to talk about the negative thing and on Thursday, we'll swing positive.

I start my day job extremely early in the morning. Early enough that I can pretty much have my pick of parking on my preferred floor. I've been parking in the same spot over and over since December of 2017 and I've come to think of it as my spot.

Sadly, when I arrived for work Monday morning, someone was parked there already. I parked next to the car, but it threw my day off and left me irritated. I know, right? What a stupid thing to get irritated over! I totally get it.

My irritation only grew when the car hadn't been moved the next day. I work at Tech Ops near the airport. People are not supposed to park in the ramp when they fly, but they do anyway. That's likely what this person did. On day 2 of my irritation, I decided that it wouldn't bother me that much if he'd arrived earlier than me and gotten it fair and square, but to park there while flying when that is against company policy? Totally aggravated me.

Now the question is how many days will he be parked in my spot while on vacation? I'm hoping not very long, but I will try to work on my attitude in the meantime.