BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Color Coded

As I was writing Wicked Intention, the second book in the Paladin League series, I realized I had a lot to keep track of. Since I had such good luck keeping track of To Do items with my kanban board, I decided I needed to get another set of Post-it notes (larger and with lines) and use them to try to keep everything balanced.





I'm seriously short on wall space because my desk takes up one entire wall, my bookcase and lateral filing cabinet take up another, the third wall is basically windows, and the fourth wall has the closet door, the entrance to the room itself, and my kanban board. After considering my options, I decided to use the front of my lateral filing cabinet.

I color coded by whose Point of View (POV) I'm in and by timeline. I'm not sure I chose the best colors, though, because I don't immediately remember what's what when I glance over. I have to think about it first.

The thing that is sort of cool is that when I took this picture, my story was pretty balanced between my hero and heroine's POV. Cool.