BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Password Patrol

On Tuesday, I blogged about my WiFi being hijacked and having to change my router's password. That meant updating passwords all around the house on a myriad of devices.

Fortunately, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I have my own personal router that I'd changed all the passwords on the day I bought it and most of my devices were logged in to the WiFi through that device rather than the AT&T router.

There are a few devices, though, that were connected directly to the leased router. Like my iPhone. I have the TV guide for Direct TV on there, and if I want to change channels from the app, I have to be logged on to the same network as my router.

I also logged my dad's iPad through the this router because the password was shorter than on my own router. Luckily, though, my Nest thermostats were through the personal router, the Roku boxes, and my Wii box, too. It minimized the pain.

But the pain was even more minimal than I expected because of Apple. (***This is not an ad for them and heaven knows they're not giving me anything to blog about this. This is my own, personal opinion.***) Apple made everything so easy!

Once I was logged in via the new password on my iPhone, I went to update my dad's iPad. Trust me when I say this was necessary. If he got to his iPad before I updated and couldn't connect to the internet to send emails or message someone, I would hear about it. :-) So, because my password app is on my iPhone, I brought it with me to enter the new password on my dad's iPad. I clicked forget network and then selected it again to login.

Apple popped a message on my phone asking if they should use that password. Not just yes, but hell, yes! I didn't have to enter anything! It just automatically put in the password and the iPad was connected. Brilliant!