BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Podcast Recommendation

***I received no compensation for this post. The podcast is free and this is my own opinion.***

I'm going to recommend another podcast here. I'm not sure how many people are interested in them, but I enjoy them immensely, although some go in and out of favor and I'll delete them from my app when I'm tired of it. This one, however, is a limited-run podcast and I find it relaxing to listen to.

The podcast I'm recommending is called: Sound Escapes. You can find out more HERE.

This podcast is recordings made by a man called Gordon Hempton who is a sound ecologist. He goes into wilderness areas and records the natural sounds in those locations. The first location is the rainforest in Hawaii. There was also an episode for a river in Ecuador which I'm going to listen to again and incorporate into one of the scenes I wrote in Wicked Intention...if I don't cut the scene.

What I like about the podcasts is how relaxing it is to listen to nature sounds without cars going by. It's like those relaxation tapes where you listen to rain falling only on a larger scale.

Usually, I delete a podcast episode off my phone as soon as I finish listening to it, but I've saved every single one of the Sound Escapes episodes (except for the first one where it was only an introduction and no nature locations were played). This is something I can go back to over and over when I need calmness.

Anyway, I highly recommend Sound Escapes. You can either listen through the link above or search on whatever podcast app you use.