BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Smoky Eyes and Halloween

I usually don't dress up for Halloween, but when I saw a knitting pattern for a witch's hat, I was like, I have to make this! And I did. My hat didn't turn out as perfect as the designer's did, but it's okay. See the picture to the left.

This, of course, meant I must dress up for Halloween this year because when else am I going to wear this hat?

At first I was only going to wear the hat, no other costume pieces, but then I thought what if I bought some kind of wig on Amazon to wear with it. I found a long, white/silver one that would contrast nicely with the hat. And then I started thinking what if I altered my makeup?

I didn't want to do the green makeup that I was seeing all over the internet, but decided to get some white vampire face foundation. I picked up both white and black lipsticks because I don't know which one I'm going to go with and white mascara primer that I plan to use on my eyelashes and on my eyebrows.

And then there's the smoky eye makeup I'm thinking about. Years ago, I bought a smoky eye makeup kit. I'm not even sure that's still popular--probably not--because I don't wear much makeup. Usually just a powder foundation to smooth out my skin tone and I call it good. The times I tried to play with my smoky eye kit... Well, let's just say the results were embarrassing. Clearly, I needed more practice, but didn't put it in and therefore never got it done right.

But my evening, real-life disasters could be Halloween gold! A smoky mess around my eyes with white face makeup would definitely seem like a plan and not an accident. It might come down to how much time I have in the morning to get ready. I get up at a ridiculous time of the morning and I love my snooze option.