BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Camera Dependency

Saturday is errand day which includes grocery shopping for the week. This involves a fair amount of parking and backing out of parking spots. Atlanta drivers are extremely impatient and literally can't wait five seconds, so they will shoot behind you even if you're backing up. Or at the grocery store they will walk behind the car with their cart, not caring that you're 3/4s of the way out of the spot and can't see them! (Don't get me started!)

This Saturday, parking took an unexpected turn. Everything was fine at stop one and stop 2, but stop 3? Not so much. My car decided to update the system which meant no backup camera!

OMG! I didn't realize how dependent I am on this camera mounted on the back of my car until it wasn't available.

I waited a little while, but the screen remained blank. I was going to have to do this without technology.

It wasn't a secret to me that I loved my little backup camera. I routinely wipe it off after it rains or if it seems a little dusty because I like it. What I didn't realize is that I would be anxious trying to drive without it. The screen even stayed blank long enough that I started to worry that it was down completely.

I did manage to successfully back out of my spot, and as I drove down the aisle, I received the message about system maintenance. By the time we reached the main road, everything was back to normal. I learned something, though. Sit in the parking spot until the backup cam comes back online.