BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, October 01, 2020

One Phone Does it All

The other week, while I was trying to clean my office (a never-ending struggle), I found my old digital camera and my Flip video camera. I was like, huh. Wow. That's right. I used to need to carry both of these with me if I wanted a picture or a video.

Then I thought about my iPod. It doesn't seem as if it was that long ago that I hauled that with me everywhere I went when I wanted music.

That actually wasn't a bad thing. At that time, all my music was loaded to the iPod and I could wheel to anything I wanted to listen to. I use my phone now and some of my music was purchased at Apple, some at Amazon, but the big problem is all the CDs I own that I ripped to iTunes.

BTW, I still own all those CDs and I only ripped a copy of them for personal use. I'm a big believer in honoring copyright.

But there isn't room on my phone to load all the music, so I usually only listen to what I can hear on Apple Music or Amazon Prime music--in addition to my purchased tunes.

It's kind of amazing how my iPhone replaced everything. It's so much more convenient to have music, camera, and video all in one place. Lighter, too, since I don't have to haul so many devices with me and I don't have to worry about losing multiple devices.

Technology is an amazing thing.