BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Vision Board

The planner I use has a couple of pages to create a vision board. I generally leave this blank and I left it blank in 2020, too. Until July.

In July, I decided it wouldn't hurt to put a few pictures in of what I want to accomplish. Like the picture says to the left: Dream Big. So I set out to print some pictures and tape them onto the vision board pages.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it seems like a waste of time. I always have too much going on and wasting a couple of hours to find, print, and tape down the right photos didn't seem like the best use of my limited resources.

On the other hand, it was actually kind of cool to see my goals visually.

Not all my goals, of course--there was only room for two of them--but I liked being able to look down and see what I did fit on there.

It's funny because every book has a file on OneNote where I save all kinds of pictures. I have pictures of the characters, where they live, sometimes what car/SUV/truck they drive. I have pictures of locations including buildings, restaurants, the rainforest, etc. I have pictures of secondary characters. I have pictures of clothes. Anything, really, that will inspire me.

But I don't do this for myself. Maybe I should.