BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Almost 2021 Planner Time

I have a favorite planner company. People talk about planner peace, but I almost have it. This company's products are THISCLOSE to being perfect for me.

The one thing that keeps the planner from being epic? Their insistence on putting Saturday and Sunday on the same page.

Weekends are my busiest days. I need full pages!

They say there isn't enough space, but they have pages that are perforated so a user can remove them and use them as grocery lists. WTF? They used to not be perforated. I'm guessing the company owners take their planner shopping? There is zero chance I'd ever drag my entire planner with me. AND seriously, I'd rather have my grocery lists on my phone. I don't know about other stores, but Kroger and Publix both have online shopping lists that tell me which aisle the item I want is located on.

A paper list isn't going to do that for me.

So there are 29 of these perforated pages and they're double sided. 29 x 2 = 58. Extra pages needed to put Saturday and Sunday on their own pages? 52. That leaves them 6 pages to do whatever with.

You might wonder why I don't find another daily planner. The reason I stick with this one despite my endless frustration with the weekend layout is the other planners require stickers to give me all the features that are printed in this planner. Vitamin Tracker? It's there. Water Tracker? Present! Workout tick box? Yep. Menu planning? There! There's also a box for the top 3 priorities, space for a few lines of notes at the bottom, and a box that I can use for whatever I want. I use it to record what my workout was for the day.

Anyway, sigh. It's a great planner. Mostly. I literally snipped out the stupid perforated pages out of my planner in 2020 because they were taking up space and annoying me. Just imagine if they were weekend pages. ::bliss::