BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Coffee Story

I've cut back on coffee.

Shocking, right? When COVID hit last March, I was drinking two cups a day. It increased to three cups for a while, but then I dialed back down to one cup a day.

Then I had a physical and my doctor wants me to give up coffee. ::shocked face::

I might have had a combination of whine and disbelief in my voice when I said, "No coffee!?!"

Her reply was, well, you can have decaf.

Um, decaf? I'm not drinking coffee because I love the taste more than any other beverage on Earth. (Although I do like my coffee a whole lot.) I'm drinking coffee because of the caffeine. If I'm giving up caffeine, I'd give up coffee completely.

BTW, I am not giving up my one cup of a coffee a day. That early in the morning, I don't want to drink water and I'm not a juice person. And the doctor's suggestion had nothing to do with anything serious. If it did involve a problem, I would give it up.

I suppose there are people who love the taste of coffee that much, that the caffeine doesn't matter to them, but as far as I know, I've never actually met someone with this mindset.

Maybe in the future, I'll actually get enough sleep to give up caffeine, but until that day comes, I like milk in my coffee, thanks.