BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Gift Quandry

My dad has a birthday coming up and he is so hard to buy for because he has no hobbies that require objects to pursue.

The gifts I've bought him in the past that he really liked are still in use. Like the giant word search puzzle book. He works on those puzzles a couple of times a week, but the book is thick and he's not finished with it yet. So no more puzzle books

I bought him a Cubs World Series polo shirt in 2016, but he only wore that a couple of times and he really doesn't need more clothes, so that's out.

And asking him what he wants? Fruitless endeavor. At Christmas, I finally told him I'd surprise him because he couldn't come up with anything. I did a search for "gifts for seniors" and ordered one item from there and I also got him a lightweight sweatshirt. He actually does need this because he wore his other one so thin you can see his T-shirts through it, but that's a gift idea that won't need to be repeated for a while.

Despite how hard he is to buy for, I want to get him something. He gets so excited about every gift he receives. Maybe because I'm pretty much the only one who buys him anything. So I will mull this over for a while longer and maybe something will come to me.

I just wish he had some kind of hobby that involved tools or materials. It would make it so much easier.