BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, April 08, 2021

Latest Knitting Project

Behold my latest knitting project, the Fully Charged shawl.

I need to block it (soak it with water and let it dry while it's pinned out), but I can't find my blocking wires. I wanted to share anyway because I thought it turned out so cool.

It's a little small to wear as a shawl since it only used two skeins of yarn, but I'm not much of a shawl person anyway, so I'll probably use it as a scarf.

The colors are awesome--an aqua blue and bright yellow--and knitted together, they almost have a green feel at times.

This project is actually a quick knit and mostly fun. There were some big slip stitch sections that became a little tedious, but they didn't last that long and the bind off was fun. If you're a knitter, I'd recommend this pattern if you're into small shawls/large scarves.