BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Lost and Found

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I'd lost one of my earbuds and had to buy a new pair. The picture on the left is my new set. Well, guess what I found last week? That's right, the missing earbud.

It's so weird because I kept checking around my desk at work, but never saw it and couldn't figure out where it could have gone. I never expected it to be as weird as it was.

I've been using a plastic grocery store bag to haul my lunch to work and my dirty containers home each evening, but I don't like them sitting out on my counters, not even overnight. So I've been jamming them back into the plastic bag holder I have attached to the cabinet door underneath my sink.

Apparently, I'd been grabbing another bag all the while, and when it tore too much to use, I took another bag from the holder. I put my lunch in it and put it in my refrigerator, and when I got to work, I put it in the fridge there, too.

After I finished lunch, and was putting my stuff away, I spotted something in the bottom of the bag. My earbud!

I wasn't sure what all that refrigeration did to it, but I figured I'd charge it when I got home and then test it out. My earbud had another idea.

When I got to my car, I put on a podcast for the drive home and I couldn't hear it coming out of my phone, but I was hearing something. Yes, that's right. The earbud had connected to the phone. It works! Of course, now I have a new set of earbuds which I like so much more than the old set. I guess I'll just keep a pair everywhere?