BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Test Planner Update

If you've read this blog for a while, you know I'm a fan of paper planners. I need them in order to stay on track. I've also blogged in the past about my favorite planner. And that they keep tweaking it every year and taking real estate away from the part of the page I need the most.

The 2020 version of this planner was perfect. 2021 was something I could live with, but when they did the preview for midyear (which is a good indication of what the 2022 planner will look like) I was disheartened.

Not only did they take space away from the part of the daily page I use the most and need the most room to fill in, what they added made their planner too much work.

Sure, I could just skip it, I don't have to fill out everything, but I'm too obsessive and would fill forced to do it all. Also, it doesn't fix my problem with losing space in the area where it's most crucial for me. I think I might have blogged about this before.

So I've been test driving a different brand of planner. I picked up the midyear from this company and have been running two planners--my official planner and the test planner--since July 1.

The good news is that I could move to this new planner if I need to. I actually like their weekdays because they have little boxes that I can use to record my workouts and other things. But.

But their weekends share a page like they do in my current planner and they're even more scrunched because this planner is trying to include a weekly overview. Which I don't need and don't want. The test planner also doesn't have the built-in water and vitamin trackers that my current planner does or the check box for exercise, which I guess I can live without, but like.

So now I'm eyeing another planner. This one would have challenges, too, like the missing trackers, but I could get full days for Saturday and Sunday with this one. Sadly, there's no way to test drive this one. I'd have to jump in and hoped it worked.

I had planner peace. Why did the owners of the planner company have to keep messing with my planner?