BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

The Countdown Has Commenced

I have a countdown going in my planner, and according to it, Wicked Salvation, releases in 47 days!

As I'm writing this, I'm working on the third round of revisions with my editor. I'll be sending it back to her one more time to make sure I got everything. When she finishes this final run-through, Griff and Cat head to a copy editor to check for grammar, consistency, typos and things like that.

The blurb for the official cover copy is being written now, too. This time, I hired someone else to do it rather than fighting with it myself. Yes, I do have a degree in advertising copywriting. Sigh.

When all the editors are done, then I'll format the story for ebook and paperback. This shouldn't be too bad this time. The formatting for Finn and Zo was a pain because of flashbacks and needing to have an anchor point at the front of each chapter. Sometimes even in front of multiple scenes in the same chapter. Everything in Wicked Salvation is current day and picks up where Wicked Intention left off.

Also on the agenda is updating the website. I'll need to update the cover copy to match the final version and I need to put Kyle's teaser up in the Coming Next section.

And, of course, I need to write Kyle's first chapter so it can go in the back of Griff's book. I have one scene written, but there will be two scenes. I'll work on that as soon as I get WS back to my editor for the final round.

Kyle's book, BTW, will be called Wicked Deception.